After long time again i was in time to get some fresh methi leaves last week. Being sunday i can’t just be doing normal methi sambhar or fry, it must be some tangy curry that goes for puris/parotas. So i thought of mixing methi with one can of kidney beans which had been lying for quite a few months. I mixed up to be in favour of all our of us kidney beans for my H, paneer for kids and methi well for me …. the curry turned out quite tasty than expected.
All you need
methi /fenugreek leaves – 1 bunch
kidney beans – 1 can
paneer/cottage cheese cut into cubes – 1 cup
ginger paste – 2 tsp
garlic paste – 2 tsp
onion cut finely – 1
1 onion and 2 tomatoes made into paste
milk – 1/4 cup
cream – 1 tbsp
corainder powder – 1 tbsp
kitchen king masala – 1 tbsp
chilli powder – 2 tsp
salt to taste
- Take a kadai het oil, add (anise, cloves, bay leaves, cinamon stick) fry until nice aromo spreads
- add onions and fry until tansclucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste fry remove raw smell
- Add washed methi leaves, fry until the leaves wilt
- Add tomato onion paste, masala powders, salt and let the mixture simmer for few minutes
- Add kidney beans, do a taste check let the mixture come to boiling point now add paneer cubes either fried/baked.(I do not fry or bake i use as it is)
- Add milk and stir for few secs and mix cream and turn off fire.
- Serve hot with puris/parotas/chapatis
note: Canned kidney beans has sugar and salt.