My blogger buddy Archana tagged me for this Me Me about 7 random facts.
- I am crazy about collecting mysore silk saris basically light weight silk saris ha ha even though i rarely touch drape it around once a year or two i do keep buying them and i can never resist the different shades of colors. Last year I stopped myself from visiting the shops at little India, then seeing a crowd range at Haniffa i couldn’t stop myself and again ended by buying 2 saris one is yet waiting to be adored.
- I am crazy of bags I buy and change bags every 4 to 6 months. Whenever there are stalls put up near by our neighbourhood we call it passar mallam here unlike the melas/jattare in India. We get to eat (not really for me) and buy all the nice nice stuff from clothes to kids toys to kicthen usage which i love to gaze at. Apart from the eating stuff, only wished there were some chat stalls too. Even though i hardly buy any stuff i would love to stroll around the stalls.
- I love to gaze at the plant store/ horti garden store and buy atleast 4 every time i visit and half of them do not survive the weather here. yet do not stop buying them making my hubby really check his pocket now and then. looks like the green thumb is not taking my side yet. Travelling up and down to office i keep looking out at the private houses where they would have grown beautifull plants and trees which I love to own one day when I return to India :).
- Hazy reactions. I really do not know at times how to react to people I give very blank face, while the other person is expecting a rection from me gets an unexpected gesture, I really hate myself during such stupid reactions. I should call it a dumbo which I repent later but what is the point? I still can’t figure out why I behave hazely at some situations.
- My first mysterious sambhar was a hilarious experience. I hardly know the name of any of the spices I stayed away from the kitchen most of the time. The first time my hubby asked me to prepare sambhar from scratch how is that was a big question mark. he: i am gonna invite our cousin too, prepare our style of sambhar rather than using the sambhar powder
me: hege?? how do i
he: add some urad dhall, some coriander, little chilli, hing, a bit of jeera fry and grind with coconut thats itand prepare as usual
me: oh got it i added how much urad you guess– i think a small 1/2 of a cup ha ha
he : are you done
me: yes voagarne hakthini. i just need to to tadka
me & he: at Lunch oh sambhar does taste good, finish
me: 🙂 its me who prepared
Evening at living room watching tv all of a sudden hubby heard something bubbling sound what is it check the kitchen oh the sambhar has started fermentation ha ha ha rolling laughter after how much of urad dhall did you add? oh well i just added half a cup thats it………………. we laughed and laughed then that was the first time, even today this is one of the exp my hubby loves to tell others my first exp of sambhar.But I can’t figure out how it started fermentaion? The wild yeast should have died during the grinding and heating process right. Anyways it left me a very hilarious experience.
- I hate clearing bills and filling them at the right place. Lucky my better half clears it and gives only the most important ones which i still have to file. But what i do? I keep it in a most open treasure my h calls it as the open secret draw where i keep dumping until almost to the brim. oh the day come for me to file them, i spread them all over my room and start filling. this is real crazy isn’t it? why is it i am like that i am damn lazy for filling one document to search for the right file and file it at the right moment that is when he hands over me the docs i am either frying up some culnary in the kitchen or trying to color my hair or simply because i am lazy so what am i supposed to do take the docs neatly pull open the draw align it and continue……….
- I do not love or fancy pets but i can admire them from far, I am damn worried half the time whats going to happen to my kids even when they touch or play with any of them leave alone bringing any home even though my daughter loves it. 2 years ago my h’s friend bought a hamester on the pretext of my daughters pleasure, yeek i just hated the look of it finally was very happy leave it out as could not handle it. Now we just say your brother is too young no pets until he grows up and you can handle pets.
Thats about Me and only Me. I tag coffee, Sunita, Suma, Ramya, Bharathi, lakshmi and heres a spicy chutney powder with iddilis and dosas. Continue the Me me whoever want to join in. I am certain many of them already have been tagged.
All you need
1. peanuts roasted and skin removed – 2 cups
2. seseme seeds – 1/2 cup
3. garlic cloves – 4-5
4. dry chillies – 3/4 cup ( according to taste)
5. curry leaves – 1/4 cup
6. asafoteida – 1/8 tsp
7. desicated coconut – 1/2 cup
8. sugar, salt and tamarind paste to taste
- Dry roast all ingrediants seperately from 2 to 5
- Powder peanut to a coarse powder keep aside
- Powder all fried ingredients with salt, jaggery and tamarind to a fine powder
- mix asofoteida , desicatted coconut. Store in airtight containers.