You all know what the all the dry fruits are stored in my refrigerator. Now I am out of space so which is one gonna to be out of it. I chose to empty half my pack of almonds so I get some space. This is the most loved sweet by my kids either with Badam or Cashew. But take care prepare this only if you have enough time yes stirring now and then takes atleast minimum of 45 mins to an hour. There are different ways like mixing flour will yield a faster burfi but the taste is not the same. Follow the same procedure for Cashew burfi substitute cashews for Badam.
All you need
Badam 1 cup
Sugar – 1.5 cups or more
milk – 1/4 cup
cardamom powder (optional)
- Soak Badam in hot water and peel the skin.
- Grind Badam with a little milk to a smooth paste use minimumof liquid to blend.
- Take a big aluminium foil spread it on your kitchen top, brush some ghee or butter evenly keep aside
- Now take a kadai better to use a non stick kadai, add the badam paste and sugar and stir on medium heat.
- You can add a tsp of ghee if desired to avoid sticking to the pan
- Keep stirring now and then until everything forms a soft lump and leaves the edges of the kadai.
- Mix cardamom powder(optional)
- Immediately pour the soft lump on the aluminium foil and roll with the rolling pin( greased with oil/butter) to the desired burfi thickness
- Pat silver foil papers on the burfi if you like to.
- Leave for 2 mins cut into desired shapes until it solidifies a little.
note: The mixture must be heated only in low to medium heat else the burfi will turn brown. Use as little ghee as possible to retain the badam flavour.