Coming back to blogging after a long break over the deepavali is like just landing after a jet lag. The weekend of deepavali was filled with fun and feast for us celebrating with family and friends it was overall a fun filled events and celebrations for kids.
From clockwise Rava laadu, Chakkali, mixture, kara sev, Shankar pole, karjikai, Suji cookies, dry fruit burfis
I would like to share the recipe for Mixture. Though many have their versions this is my version of masalas i used.
All you need
poha- 1/2 kg
groundnuts – 1/2 cup
split chick peas – 1/2 cup
curry leaves – 1/2 cup
raisins -1/2 cup
chilli powder – as per taste
sugar powder – 1 tbsp
salt – as required
fennel/saunf seeds – 1 tbsp
corainder seeds – 1tbsp
jeera seeds – 1 tbsp
oil for deep frying
- Deep fry poha using a strainer in a deep frying pan with oil
- deep fry rest of them groundnuts, chick peas, curry leaves
- Deep fry the coriander seeds, jeera seeds and fennel seeds strain and just pound them coarsely it must not be finely powdered
- Mix all the fried ingredients in a large pan adding salt, sugar, chilli powder well.
- Store in air tight jars can be used for 2 weeks or more.
Dry fruit Burfi
All you need
Cashew nuts chopped – 1 cup
Pistachios chopped – 1/4 cup
Almonds chopped – 1/4 cup
Grated desicated coconut – 1/8 cup
Poppy seeds – 1 tbsp
raisins – 1/4 cup
jaggery – 1 cups
ghee – 1 tbsp
- Dry roast/bake cashews, almonds, and pistachois until lightly roasted
- Heat a tbsp of ghee add powdered jaggery with 1 tbsp of water
- Let the jaggery reach a soft ball consistency for syrup
- Check the consistency by adding a drop of jaggery to cold water to form into soft balls
- Once the syrup reaches the consistency add all the dry fruits mix well
- pour it on a plate coated with ghee. Wait for a 5 mintues and cut into desired shapes.
Thanks a lot for all my friends who have left inspiring comments and asking about my well being. I am doing fine due to personal reasons i am not able to blog at present at the same time my laptop is at service. So i will be on short break until laptop is back to work. I will check on all my freinds please bear with me until then. Thanks for all the time wish you all a happy weekend 🙂
A Special thanks to Shilpa from Aayisrecipes for the stepwise rava ladoo which turned out fabulous.